Briley Parkway Interchange
Nashville/Davidson County, TN
Briley Parkway is a partially controlled access urban freeway and Murfreesboro Road is a multi-lane urban highway. The new interchange provides simultaneous dual left turning movements in all quadrants. The project was designed to require no right-of-way acquisition which necessitated extensive use of retaining walls. The geometry of this interchange was complicated by the skew angle between the roadways.
This project included:
• Widening of Briley Parkway from 4 to 6 lanes
• Widening of Murfreesboro Road to accommodate dual left turn lanes in each direction
• Design of a single point urban diamond interchange to replace an existing conventional diamond
• preliminary and final roadway design,
• structure design,
• and all related engineering services.