Civil Engineering Intern - Full Time Position – Civil/Site Development
Civil Engineering Intern – Full Time Position – Civil/Site Development
Under direction responsible for the design of civil infrastructure for civil/site development projects including but not limited to residential/commercial/industrial development, municipal infrastructure, ports/river development, quarries, mine reclamation, recreational areas, etc.
Required skills and education:
The position requires the following skills, experience and education:
• Graduation from a university with a ABET accredited Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering with preference given to a Master of Science Degree in Civil Engineering.
• Engineer in Training Certificate or ability to obtain within 12 months
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong background in stormwater hydraulic/hydrologic analysis
• Experience with AutoCAD is preferred.
The duties and responsibilities for the position include:
• Preparation of layout plans and use of surface modeling to develop site grading plans
• Development of hydrologic and hydraulic models associated with flood studies, floodplain analysis, permitting, etc.
• Preparation of storm water management plans including computation of hydrographs, design storm discharges, design of conveyance, detention / retention facilities.
• Preparation of erosion protection / sediment control plans
• Coordination with local utilities, preparation of site utility plans
• Preparation of drawings, specifications and permit applications
• Coordination with project manager to implement measures to successfully meet all project goals and objectives
• Other duties as assigned
Florence & Hutcheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please apply online at www.flohut.com.
If you are interested in this position, please complete and submit the online application.
Florence and Hutcheson, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Florence & Hutcheson to promote equal employment opportunities through hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, discipline, termination, and all other employment decisions. This means that Florence & Hutcheson will not discriminate nor tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.